Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Diabetics Reaction

Diabetics Reaction
by
Russell R Ellis

I lost it last night and all respect my son had for me, because of a simple reaction, to us with diabetics, and insult to those who witness us having it. Because it is so misunderstood. My wife, can't understand why drunks, behave the way they do, and drunks can't understand why diabetics or even they, when drunk act that way. For diabetic becomes so abnormal they remember it being so frightening.

Anyway; Last night I had a bad reaction while my grandson was arguing with his grandmother about the family, trying to understand why his dad and her were upset with each other. For me that is enough to stay out of if always if possible, though even on Bi-Polar Med's I can lose my temper, but this night it was different. I got up when they were arguing; and said hi to my grandson, and we talked, but everything was getting so confusing. My wife was making my supper, and I am a picky eater, because of my health, so wanted to help make my own gravy. My daughter came and visited and then my other grandson and by now I was dizzy and uncomfortable with everything around me, when said She was ready to make the gravy, so I got up and everything was swirling around and As I walked into the kitchen it just got worse, I complained that my arm was so heavy on the right side that I have constantly now but was a lot worse like a hose turned on in it, with full pressure, Grandma not realizing what was going on, thought I was complaining to him and said to quit talking and make your gravy, of course all I had to do was have her add flour while I stirred and and to cool after the flour I hold it off the burner, while she added the milk to keep it from curdling. That pan felt heaver and heaver, as I also got dizzier, so I put the pan down and went back into the living room hardly able to move, both were still arguing, so noticed nothing, and when I got the couch and sat down I knew something was wrong, she sat my tray of food down, and went back into the Kitchen. 

I called her name but I could barley talk, and kept calling her, and my grandson heard me saying I was having a reaction and told her. She yelled back to drink my juice first and came and sat by me while I ate, by now I was even feeling sick. I drank my juice and ate my food, and nothing seemed to be working, so after my grandchildren left I felt sick and having irritable bowl syndrome, knew I needed to be in the bathroom. So I went, but thing got worse, so I took awhile, as thing seemed to get even more confusing. 

When I left I came into the living room with my wife arguing about the same stuff with my son now and it was getting heated-up. I sat there for a few minutes and then just Totally lost it. I guess I was just sick of all the fighting around me, anyway I said things to a son I highly respect, someone I could always count on, yet had a few complaints but things I could always talk about. Yet, the things I said were extremely violent and so scary my wife had to hold me down. 

I guess my son left and I went back into the bathroom sick. Then I went to bed and just blocked my mind from everything until the food started working and I returned to normal. This is what a reaction is like, everything gets real strange and you get dizzy, disoriented, slurred speech, and if you don't get the sugar you go into a coma and then die. In fact I think I should have had a candy bar and laid down. 

The problem here was both of my caregivers thought everything was getting back to normal because of there disagreement that they didn't realize what was going on with me, until I blew-it. That is the problem with a Reaction. Few understand what is going on when it happens, even those of us with this problem had problems understanding just how messed up a diabetic reaction can get. 

Unfortunately my son who has know me for years can't understand these reactions because he could never understand our other son's reactions. We say things, even from the past that is all mixed up and untrue, just to win an argument we don't even realize what the argument is all about. So my son will never forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment