My Best friend
Lenny Green
by
Russell R Ellis
In the first grade my best friend was Lenny Green, and a friend I never talked about, ever. We had no Psychologist, in the schools, back then. Lenny and did everything together, we even defended each other, I remember when a teacher tried shoving Spanish rice down my throat and he tried to stop her. I only remember the name, nothing else about him. The school had just installed a new door all made of glass, one of the first made. Lenny and I were on our way out, getting to the door, we were horsing around and the door opened and Lenny went right through it. Teachers grabbed and pulled me out of the falling glass, taking me to the classroom. I was OK!
Nothing damaged except the crash, falling glass and the screams from my hurt friend and I couldn't help him. Lenny died, that night in the hospital and I never said goodby. I flunked the first grade, never cared for school after that, and never had a best friend in school again. Lenny this is my goodby, soon I will see you again my best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment